They are super easy to do and we had everything already without having to shop for it. Sorry, these pictures aren't the best but we had 3 hungry little girls who struggle with patience when I'm photographing their food ;)
You will need:
Any waffle batter
red or pink food coloring
green food coloring
chocolate chips (we used mini ones)
1. Prepare the waffle batter then pour 1/3 of it into a separate bowl.
2. Add the green food coloring to the smaller 1/3 portion and mix well.
3. Add red or pink food coloring to the remaining batter and mix well.
4. Once your waffle iron is hot, coat with Pam
5. Start by pouring the red/pink batter into the center of the waffle iron and letting it spread out but leaving enough of a outside ring for the green batter
6. Pour the green batter along the outside ring.
7. Sprinkle desired amount of chocolate chips on top of the pink batter
8. Cook until your waffle is done!
|This was just a quick test shot to test my exposure but I like how it shows the steam!|
|Ta-Da! Watermelon Waffles!!|
Cut into fourths for watermelon wedges!!
|This was picture of the 1st batch. The other waffles had more of a green edge once we got the hang of it.|
Serve with butter and syrup (my girls don't like syrup) or even with cool whip!
I even had a recommendation to freeze them for later (although I have not tried that).