Here is my version and it always tastes great! I've made this for groups of people and they all love it. Some even like to eat it cold.
What you need:
2 TBSP of flour
2 TBSP of butter
2 Cups of milk (I use Mootopia for less sugar and more protein)
1 Bag of large elbow noodles (or any noodle of your choice)
1/2 block of velvetta cheese, cut into large cubes
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 ream of Ritz crackers, crushed
1. In a pot boil water and cook the noodles as directed.
2. Meanwhile, in a large sauce pot with medium-high heat melt the butter with the flour and then add the milk. Then stir in the cheeses. Continue to stir constantly until all cheese is melted and remove from heat.
3. When noodles are done, drain and rinse.
4. Pour noodles into a lightly greased large casserole dish and then pour the cheese mixture over the noodles. Stir to coat the noodles in cheese.
5. I pour a ream of Ritz into a ziplock to smash them with a meat mallet. Pour the Ritz crumbs over the top of the mac and cheese.
6. Back uncovered at 350 for about 8-10 minutes until the Ritz get golden brown.
*This is toddler approved and my girls call it "Mommy's" Mac and Cheese! Scarlett can't seem to eat her serving fast enough!