Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Emma's 1st Very Hungry Caterpillar Party!

Emma's 1st Very Hungry Caterpillar Party was a SUCCESS!!! 
(This post is heavy with pictures and I posted the details at the bottom)

~The Invite~

~The Cake~

~Caterpillar Cake Pops~

~The Favors~




~On Monday he ate through one apple, but he was still hungry....~





~Craft 1: Make Your Own Butterfly~

~Craft 2: Caterpillar Coloring~

~Craft 3: Thumbprint Caterpillar Bookmarks~



































~The Details~
Party Dress: Etsy seller Bugs & Beez
Party Skirt: Artfire
Necklaces: Etsy seller Sophie's Beads
Headbands: Etsy seller Geneva Diva or Facebook page Geneva Diva
Invites: CMArtistry
Coloring Pages
Caterpillars To Go: 1 x 8 Clear Cello Bags Resealable Candy Bags set of 50 (found on Etsy)
Bug Catching Kits: found at the Dollar Tree
Cake: made by me
All Labels: made by me
Fruit Labels: copy images from the book
Food Banner: I printed images out, laminated, cut out, then strung on fishing line.

11 comments:

Kelly Grant said...

LOVE EVERY TINY DETAIL!!!! SO adorable!

BonBon said...

I saw your post on the Bump and had to take a peak and so happy I did! Your Daughter' birthday theme was so cute and I can't believe all the amazing details that went into it!! I also love all the pictures, you have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing!!

Beth said...

Where did you find the clear favor bags that the candy was in?

Tonya said...

Hi! It's been over 4 years but I believe I ordered them off Amazon.

Unknown said...

Hello! This is adorable! For the candy caterpillars, did you just stack candy in the bags? How are the eyes and antennae attached?? Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hello! This is adorable! For the candy caterpillars, did you just stack candy in the bags? How are the eyes and antennae attached?? Thank you!

Tonya said...

Hi Jennifer! Yes, simply stack candy in the bags. The eyes are hot glued on and the antennas are twisted through the top opening of the candy bag.

Unknown said...

Hi, loving this. You did such a good job! Can you tell me where you got the favor containers?

Tonya said...

Thanks Nicholas! The bug containers were from Dollar Tree as stated in the post ;)

Unknown said...

Adorable party! I am stealing your idea for the bug containers, but I didn't know if you sold any of your labels...I would love to have your labels for the bug catchers!

Idaseen said...

You have such a beautiful family! My daughter loooves the hungry caterpillar and she turns one soon. So I had to keep that as her bday theme :)
I am also looking at a few DIY things and I'm inspired by your attention to detail! Wow!