Tuesday, February 25, 2014

24 Weeks {6 Months}

VIABILITY!!!

Total weight gain: 15.5 lbs
Fetal size: a cantaloupe!
Movement: Baby is getting stronger with his/her movements and making sure to get my attention now !
Symptoms: Insomnia seems to have resolved but dealing with a lot of braxton hicks contractions
Running: None. We walked for 7hrs straight at the Rodeo on Tuesday and again for 3.5hrs on Sunday. 

I feel like I can finally breathe a little easier knowing I've hit the viability milestone. Although any baby this early is still very risky it is good to know there is a fighting chance from here on out! Next major milestone for development is 28 weeks then at 32 weeks. 

The baby should now be able to open his/her eyelids and have a blink-startle reflex. The baby is approximately 1.25 lbs and 12 inches from head to heel!

Tuesday & Wednesday I had constant braxton hicks contractions. I drank at least 4L of water each day but they refused to go away. Finally after soaking in a warm bath I was able to get them to relax Wednesday night. I wasn't worried because I knew they were only braxton hicks and never increased in intensity but it got annoying buy day 2 of them. So I laid low and didn't run this week, just a lot of walking!

I have an OB appointment tomorrow morning and will be sent home with the delicious ::sarcasm:: "glucola" to drink before my next monthly appointment  This will rule out gestational diabetes. I have always passed it before. This is probably my least favorite part of pregnancy...chugging that terrible sugar drink that causes heartburn. Cheers!



No comments: