Wednesday, February 19, 2014

23 Weeks

I took this picture yesterday before spending the day at the rodeo but couldn't manage to get this post done on time so here it is a day late...


Total weight gain: 15 lbs (blah)
Fetal size: a grapefruit!
Movement: Starting to wonder if baby has flipped head down now. Possible hiccups now too!
Symptoms: Still dealing with insomnia, which is getting really old. 
Running: Ran once for 4.1 miles but this time I was in pain afterwards. It felt like the pubic bone separated (which can actually happen). My recovery now is super slow (about 2 days for the discomfort to resolve) and I think I am to the point of needing to cut down the distance and try to go multiple times instead. 

I am not happy with a 2lb weight gain in 1 week but I am doing better than my last two pregnancies. When I was 23 weeks with Emma I had gained 20 lbs, so my current total of 15 lbs is an improvement and on track. 

Before we got pregnant, I did not have intensions of continuing to run once pregnant. Now that I am still running (no matter how little or short) at more that 1/2 way through the pregnancy I feel accomplished. I am not sure how much longer I will be able to do it and each run I do could be my last. I'd love to make to the very end and will continue to try. Ultimately, my body calls the shots now - not my mind and it is getting harder. The actual run is not hard/painful itself, its the 2 day recovery period afterwards. 

We spent 7 hours at the Rodeo yesterday and I was stopped multiple times by random people who wanted to know the gender of baby #4! I found it funny by the 4th person who asked. Someone proceeded to tell me they knew someone who had a boy after 3 girls and someone else told me their mom had 4 girls. We shall see!!!



2 comments:

hollie marie said...

This was about the time that I started to have some significant suprapubic pain after runs with Isaac. I ended up having to stop around 28 weeks because I just never got to that recovered point. I switched to swimming laps and never dealt with discomfort, but man, what a great all-body workout! To speak of how much I shredded my lower abdominal muscles running with all that weight (even wearing 2 pairs of compression pants up over the belly), I was still having pain using those muscles for several weeks post delivery. Definitely listen to your body!

You're awesome! :)

Tonya said...

Thanks Hollie! Didn't realize you ran with Isaac. I don't have any special maternity work out gear but I did use my support belt during this last run and ironically it was the most painful run to date. I think I will do better with more of a 5k distance instead of the 4-4.7 milers at this point.