Tuesday, September 21, 2010

38 Weeks!

I can't believe I am seriously at this point now! Only 2 weeks until Emma's due date. This morning I had my regular OB appointment and I am 2cm and 50% effaced! That is progress from last week and I hope my body keeps making progress!! My total weight gain is 32#...yikes!

Next Tuesday I will be 39 weeks, which means my OB is then be willing to do an induction. He said if my body doesn't seem ready at Tuesdays appointment, then we will continue to wait. Otherwise he is aiming for induction that Thursday (9/30). However, Cody and I are unsure if we "like" that day b/c we were really hoping for at least October 1st. So we might end up saying no to the 9/30 induction....decisions....decisions. And then of course we have to take into consideration that she may just decide to come on her own before then anyway!

38 Weeks:


38 Weeks:
Your baby continues to grow this week and weighs about 6.8 pounds. His crown-to-rump length is still about 14 inches and total length is around 21 inches. Most women do not grow any larger during the last few weeks of their pregnancy.

Your baby could be born any day now, but only 5% of mothers deliver on their actual due date! 

Reese:
Cody and I have noticed that Reese's eyes are changing. They no longer look blue at all. They are a beautiful golden hazel color with a ring of yellow. It will be interesting to see if they stay this way or change to brown. 

She is saying multiple words together to make a short sentence, which makes understanding what she is trying to communicate so much easier :) 

Some of her favorite phrases are:
"Oh No!"
"Oh mess!!"
"Color, please"
"Thank you dada/momma"
"Night, Night Baby"
"All done"
"oh, boo boo...medicine?" 
"water, ice" 
(meaning ice water...yes she has realized ice water just tastes better!)

Being silly with my tupperware...


4 comments:

The Strickland Family said...

Well, I hope Emma can hold off until October too, but just because you said that, she will probably make her appearance in September! :) September is a great month! On that note, Happy Birthday to you and Cody! I really like the background of your blog. Super cute. Have I just not ever noticed it or have you changed it?

Tonya said...

Thanks friend! Feel free to steal the background by clicking on the link at the top left of the blog :) I just recently changed it to this.

Riley's mom said...

Aw, Reese is saying so many words now! That's great! Is she getting excited about a little sister or is she still oblivious?

Tonya said...

Ann- She is excited as much as she can be :) We talk about Emma all the time and she seems aware of what is for Emma, etc. Not sure she realizes the baby will be LIVING with us though!! Ha :)