Tuesday, September 14, 2010

37 Weeks/Grandparents Day!

Woohoo...Emma is FULL TERM!! 
I can't believe I finally get to say that! This is the last milestone to reach until delivery :) I feel great and she is moving a lot still. I feel like I can't possibly get any bigger...haha! Total weight gain: 30#. I am now 1cm dilated and 25% effaced (which is progress from 2 weeks ago). My OB will discuss an induction date at next weeks appt for my 39th week!!

This past week I have started having insomnia issues due to being uncomfortable laying in bed. I wake up every 2-3 hours nightly now. I think the body gets you ready for those sleepless nights at the end of the pregnancy. I remember going through this same thing with Reese at the very end. We are all ready for you little miss Emma!!

37 Weeks with Emma:

37 Weeks with Reese:

37 Weeks:
You are considered full-term now and your baby's final touches are being made. The crown-to-rump length of your baby is now 14 inches and the total length is around 21 inches. Your baby weighs approximately 6.5 pounds.

Your baby is now fully mature and ready to be born. However, your baby is still growing and developing every day. Fat is still being laid down at a rate of a half ounce a day.

Your baby has learned to coordinate sucking, swallowing and breathing so it can do all three when breastfeeding after birth. Babies practice shallow breathing before birth, using amniotic fluid. 

Reese:
Reese can basically say any word now. She has been saying her own name for several weeks and can name all her friends at school. She is doing great learning her colors! She can say all the colors and gets "orange" right about 95% of the time. We work on them every night when coloring or eating colored food. She thinks it is a fun game :) Her favorite thing to do right now is go on a "walk". She begs to go on walks everyday!! So we take nightly strolls around the neighborhood once the sun starts setting. She loves to point out the airplanes, birds, rocks, bugs, dogs, etc as we take our walk :)

She is very ready for Emma to arrive:


Reese's 1st Recital at school: Grandparent's Day 2010





Do I See My Dad?!


Reese is sitting down during song called "Get Up, Get Up"


I love Reese's new outfit! Here is her friend Sarah :)


Reese made two of these at school for Grandparent's Day!

Poem on the back:


1 comment:

Kelly Grant said...

You look cute! FULL TERM WOO WHOOOO!!!