This dish is so delicious and comforting! The cornbread crust makes this recipe a staple…meat and side built into one!
It isn't too spicy so the kids love it too! It can easily be spiced up.
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1.5 Tbsp taco seasoning, divided
- 1/4 tsp red pepper (flakes or ground)
- 1 (14.75oz) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5oz) box cornbread mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1 (4oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (10oz) can red enchilada sauce (recommend an authentic Mexican brand)
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast, cooked
- 3/4 cup shredded white Mexican cheese
- Cilantro & Sour Cream, optional for toppings
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (milk through green chilies, using only 1/2 Tbsp of taco seasoning) in a bowl
- Spray a pie pan with cooking spray (mine was glass and 9.5 inches).
- Pour the cornbread mixture into pie pan and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30min until it is barely set and golden brown
- Meanwhile, mix shredded chicken with remaining taco seasoning
- When cornbread is done, pierce liberally with a fork (it may stick to the fork some)
- Pour enchilada sauce over the cornbread. Top with shredded chicken & then top with shredded cheese
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Top with optional toppings and serve!
Enjoy!Recipe adapted from: Pinch of Yum