Tuesday, July 27, 2010

30 Weeks!

Finally!! 
I am officially 30 weeks pregnant and only 10 more to go (at the most)! Emma will be full term in just 7 more weeks, unbelievable!! I feel like making it to week 30 is a big milestone in the pregnancy. The next milestone is to get past 34/35 weeks and then we will be in the home stretch! I have been having braxton hicks contractions every day and thankfully, no more spells of labor contractions (like I had at 28 weeks). 

I am SO ready for her!! I can't wait to give Reese a baby sister :) 

Today I had my 30 week OB appointment and from now on I go every 2 weeks! I did have an NST (non-stress test) done to monitor Emma's heart rate since I hadn't felt her move by the time my appointment was. Emma looked great! I was having braxton hicks contractions every 1-3 minutes on the monitor. The OB did an exam and I am not dilating, which is awesome! The contractions are just getting annoying. I have officially gained more weight this pregnancy than with Reese, which is very depressing!!

30 Weeks (Emma):

30 Weeks (Reese):

30 Weeks:
By this time, your baby's crown-to-rump length is a little over 10.8 inches and the total length of your baby is about 17 inches! Your baby weighs about 3 pounds now. You should be gaining about a pound a week at this time. 

Even though your baby is cushioned by the amniotic fluid, she can feel and respond to pain. Your baby now does `practice breathing` to get ready for life outside of your womb. If you have an ultrasound at this time, you will be able to see this. If your baby swallows amniotic fluid down the wrong passage, she will still get hiccups that are noticeable by you. If your baby were born at this time, she would be able to keep herself warm. 

The skin begins to smoothen as fat deposits accumulate underneath. The fat insulates and is an energy source.

Reese:
 This past week Reese surprised both Cody & I by blowing her daddy a kiss goodbye when he was leaving for work! We have never seen her do that before and I can't get her to do it again!! It was so spontaneous we were both shocked and our hearts just melted! 

She has started getting into dancing when she hears music and it cracks me up! I need to catch it on video soon!! Reese absolutely LOVES to be outside but HATES the grass touching her...hysterical! She literally will NOT walk on grass unless she has her shoes on. She is such a girly-girl!  =)

1 comment:

Kelly Grant said...

You look great and congratulations on 30 weeks! Hope the annoying braxton hicks go away!

That is TOO cute about reese blowing a kiss! LOVE IT!