Tuesday, July 20, 2010

29 Weeks!

Another week down! This past week went by super slow for me, which is odd since this pregnancy has been flying by. On Friday night I started having painful contractions around 9:30pm and they were happening every 1-3 minutes. These were NOT braxton hicks contractions!! I immediately started drinking lots of water and laid on my left side to try and get them to calm down. After 2 huge glasses of water they still wouldn't calm down. Cody and I started to get very nervous at the thought of having to go to the hospital in the middle of the night for preterm labor. I think if I wasn't an L&D nurse maybe I wouldn't have been so stubborn in staying home. I knew what I needed to do and what my limit was and we are pretty darn close to packing a bag and calling my mom to come watch Reese. Thankfully... they started to space after 2.5 hours and I was able to fall asleep around midnight. The next day I was super sore in my abdomen from all the contractions. Since then, I have felt fine!!! We must have gotten scared enough of an early baby so we went to Babies R Us and bought everything we still needed for Emma (box of newborn diapers, bottle liners, pacifiers, bath wash, breastfeeding supplies and a 4pk of onesies). I know if she came this early she would be in the NICU for several months and I wouldn't really even need all this stuff yet, but it felt better knowing I was prepared. All we have to do now is wash baby clothes, unpack some of Reese's newborn outfits, wash the infant carseat & pack a hospital bag.

29 Weeks Emma:


29 Weeks Reese:


29 Weeks:
At this point in your pregnancy, your baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 10.4 inches and the total length of your baby is around 16.7 inches. Your baby weighs about 2.7 pounds and continues to grow every day. If you measure from your bellybutton, your uterus is 3.5 to 4 inches above it. Total weight gain at this point is usually between 19 and 25 pounds. 



Your baby will continue to open and close his eyes in the womb and may be able to see silhouettes of objects or even people in the right amount of light.

Reese:
I am still amazed by the daily vocabulary skills Reese develops. She can now say: eyebrow, nose, mouth, eye,  duck, hot dog, & thank you. She is also learning "chin" since she suddenly has an interest in pointing to our chins :)

Reese got a "Big Sister" necklace from her Meme :)

1 comment:

Kelly Grant said...

Glad Emma is alright!!! I will say some prayers!