Tuesday, August 31, 2010

35/35!!!

I am 35 weeks and only have 35 more days before Emma is due!! It's getting SO close now :) This past week was a bit rough on me since I got sick from eating some bad grapes. I lost 3 pounds from last Tuesday's appointment to Friday and it took me that long to recover! I finally feel better and Emma is stronger than ever! I think her movements are even stronger than Reese's were which makes me wonder how much bigger she will be!

Today I had my 35 week check up and in the last month I have lost a pound. Total weight gain: 29#. I am seeing my OB weekly now and had the GBS culture done today (to see if I will need antibiotics when laboring). So far I am not dilated but she is definitely head down!

I am also proud to say I finished my 1st quarter of graduate school and made all A's!!! I have about 3 weeks off until the next quarter starts.

35 Weeks:

35 Weeks:
Your baby now weighs over 5.5 pounds and its crown-to-rump length is approximately 13.2 inches. Your baby's total length is around 20.25 inches at this point. Your uterus is now 6 inches from the bellybutton and the average weight gain is approximately 24 to 29 pounds.

The baby begins to develop its own immune system.

Here are a few more maternity pictures:




Update: Emma's Nursery


Reese:
Reese is doing great! She has gone potty in her little toilet 3x now! Every time she does she says "uh oh", which I think is hysterical! I clap my hands and get excited and tell her "good job Reese" and she gets stickers and a piece of candy as a reward :)

This past week we have started teaching Reese her colors :) She can say "blue" and "purple" and tries to say the other colors. She also tries to count but everything turns out to be "two"...LOL!

Reese got to see a brand new baby at a CVS store opening event that we stopped at on Saturday. She got all excited and said "BABY"! I am getting excited that she is so aware of babies now and can't wait to give her a little sister!

1 comment:

Kelly Grant said...

Reese is so smart! !!! Glad u r feeling better! I cant wait to see pics of emma!! Shell be cutie just like her big sis!