Tuesday, August 24, 2010

34 Weeks and Reese Updates!!

8 1/2 Months Down!! Only 3-6 weeks left...oh my!!
The infant car seat is back in my car and the baby cradle has been set up in our room :) This weekend I washed Emma's clothes!! She is starting to run out of room!! Today I had my 34 week OB appointment and all is well! I am proud to say I didn't gain any weight since my last appointment 2 weeks ago!! Total weight gain: 30#. I will start going to the OB weekly now and we get a sono in 2 weeks!!

34 Weeks:

34 Weeks
Your baby's crown-to-rump length this week is approximately 12.8 inches and the total length is around 19.8 inches at this time. Your baby now weighs almost 5 pounds.

Your baby's hair continues to get longer and thicker. Your baby's hair color probably is not going to be the same color from birth onwards, so you should expect it to change in color. Your baby is shedding most of lanugo, but the amount of vernix caseosa is increasing. Your baby is taking calcium from you to lay down lots of bone. Continue to take your prenatal vitamins and drink milk to ensure that you receive enough calcium. 

The baby now rests on your uterus and is no longer floating.

Fingernails now reach over the finger tips and the baby can scratch itself. 

Reese:
Reese's blood culture and urine cultures both came back negative. So we all have no clue what caused her to get SO sick SO fast last Sunday night! She has a way of keeping us on our toes.

She has been in her new class at school for a week now (18-24mo) and is truly doing well! She seems so much happier in this older class and isn't as frustrated as she was before. She is also listening to us better, says please every time she wants something and can say "sorry" and give hugs when she hits a little too hard.
  She has had a lot of developments over this last week!! 

1. We are now PACI FREE!!! 
Last Monday (with a little encouragement from her school) we decided to cut out the paci cold turkey. Honestly, cutting it off wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It has now been a full week without any paci...so they are getting THROWN AWAY!!

2. She drinks from "big girl cups"

3. She is "trying" to potty train!
Last week she asked to sit on the potty (3x in one day) and we didn't even have a training potty yet. So we went out and bought her a potty:

and on Sunday, August 22 she actually peed in it for the 1st time!! I was so excited I think I scared her with my reaction...LOL. She was kinda confused on what happened but I tried to make a big deal out of it and she got some teddy grahams as a reward :) I am not getting my hopes up though and we aren't pushing her to potty train since she is still kind of young. We are just supporting her when she asks to sit on it :)

4. She LOVES to dress herself now!
She's trying to button her shirt:

What do you mean this doesn't match?!

Do these shoes make my feet look big?! 
(she actually walked around the house ALL day in these cabbage patch doll shoes)

5. She's practicing being a BIG sister!
Singing Rock A Bye Baby...

Teaching her baby how to pray:


Saying "night night" baby...
notice the bow in her hair....
she LOVES to pick out bows to wear now because I showed her that the little girls in her books all wear bows :)

Doing research on babies...

I have finished her Bumble Bee tutu for Halloween!
I just need a few more supplies to be able to make Emma's tutu :)

We took Reese back to Inflatable Wonderland this past week and we all had a blast!




1 comment:

Kelly Grant said...

She looks so cute helping with the "baby"! I cant wait to see pictures of the two girls together.