Monday, June 23, 2008

7 Weeks Today!!!

We are moving right along, only 33 more weeks to go!! I can't believe how fast it is already going. This time next week I will be 2 months pregnant already! So far I am still doing well. No real weight gain yet, but my body is changing. I had a very bad spell of nausea and had to leave work I felt so bad! I called the office the next morning and got a prescription for Zofran, my new best friend!! I only had to take one so far and it seems to have knocked out the nausea. I have discovered that Ginger Ale also helps to settle my stomach pretty well.

During Week 7: The baby's brain, bladder, tongue and esophagus are all developing and transforming, while his eyes are moving to the front of the face and his tiny eyelids are forming. The bones of his tiny limbs have started to form and all of your baby's major organs - heart, intestines, kidneys, liver, lungs and pancreas -- are forming and growing. The fingers and toes are starting to form! Both the hand plates and the genital tubercle are present this week, but you can't tell whether it's a boy or a girl by sight at this point. Nasal pits are also forming. In your womb, your baby has already become active swimming around inside the amniotic sac and kicking. However, as he's much too small and well-cushioned by the uterus and the new amniotic fluid you won't be able to feel him yet.

No comments: