Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What Are The Odds?

I wanted to look up the odds of having a boy after 3 girls and came across this website. I found it very interesting!

Did you know:

  • Parents are slightly more likely to stop having children if the first is a girl
  • Parents of two girls are 3% more likely to stop having children than parents of two boys
  • Parents of 3 same-gender children are only 2% more likely to have a 4th child than parents of mixed-gender (which shows gender doesn't really affect having a 4th child)
  • After having 2 girls the odds of a 3rd girl is more likely
  • For the 4th child, the odds actually increase for having a boy after 3 girls
  • For 4 children families: 85% are mixed gender, 9% are all boys, and only 5.5% are all girls

I find this fascinating for sure!


5 comments:

Liz said...

Guess I'm in the 5.5%. That's crazy! Cool stats :)

Marissa said...

Are you Team Green?

Tonya said...

Yes we are Team Green this time! Here is the post: http://www.thesweatmanfamily.blogspot.com/2014/01/anatomy-sono-its-a.html

Holly said...

I know a family with 6 girls, no boys! I also know a family with 4 boys, then a girl... and a family of 8 where it went girl, 5 boys, then girl, boy, girl. I know a lot of big families :) My guess is girl #4 for you guys!

BroddyAdams said...

You can definitely see your enthusiasm in the work you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.
custom drinkware